In the past decade affiliate marketing has blown up. Millions of people around the world have been leveraging the power of it to produce a full time income. If your not sure what affiliate marketing is here is a basic rundown of how it works.
Affiliate marketing is where you promote different products or services and when someone buys that particular product based on your recommendation you get a percentage of the sale.
10 Reasons Why Affiliate Marketing Is Better Than Having A Job
1. You are your own boss- You don’t have to take orders from anyone. You can run your business however you like. This is what I love about affiliate marketing.
2. Multiple streams of income- When you work at a job you get paid by the hour in most cases and you are only allowed to work a set number of hours. With affiliate marketing there is an unlimited supply of income streams that is available to you. You could join multiple affiliate programs at once and be getting paid from each one of these.
3. You start at the bottom and work your way up- This is possible with a job, but there will always be someone higher up that will be your boss. The process for moving up in any company is a lot slower and more difficult than in affiliate marketing and you are still not in full control. I love to be the one in charge of my business or anything I do.
4. Take a vacation whenever you want- When you work at a job you only get 1 vacation a year. Some places don’t even offer vacation time and if they do you have to get permission to take it.
With affiliate marketing once you start making good money you can take a vacation anytime you feel like it. You can even be making money while you are on vacation. How awesome is that!!
5. Safer and more secure- We all know that with the state of the economy that there is no job security anymore. The sad thing about this is you could lose your job at any time and for any reason.
This is called at will employment and whenever you get hired on at a company you have more than likely signed a paper stating this. With affiliate marketing you are in complete control of this and the only one that can fire you is yourself. That’s something to seriously think about.
6. You get paid what you’re worth- When you work for someone else I like to think of your hourly wage as the company is buying you at wholesale and selling you at retail. Let me explain, let’s say you get a job at Walmart as a cashier making $8 an hour.
In an 8 hour day how much money do you think they have just made off your work? I would say a couple hundred thousand dollars. Trust me I know this because I used to work at Walmart for over 3 and a half years and I saw how much money they made.
So they have just made a couple hundred thousand dollars off you and it only cost them $64. Do you see what I’m getting at?
In affiliate marketing you have the potential to make a vast amount of money each and every day selling products you love.
7. Spend more time with your family- We all know that working a job outside of the home can take up most of your time. Some people even have to work two or three jobs just to bring in enough money to pay their bills.
This leaves you with little to no time to spend with your family. With affiliate marketing you can pick the hours you want to work and start spending more time with your family. Most people can do this part time and still bring in a full time income.
8. Your hard work actually pays off- You work your butt off for your employer sometimes putting in 50 hours a week and learning multiple positions. When it comes time for you to get a raise or a bonus you either get nothing or just an extra 25 or 50 cents on the hour.
What happened to being rewarded for your hard work? With affiliate marketing if you put in extra work and work long hours on something you will see the rewards.
9. Do the work once and continue to get paid every month- If you are an affiliate for a company and you are promoting a service where there is a monthly fee. You will get paid month after month year after year for the same work you did years ago.
This is called residual income and this is another great thing I love about affiliate marketing. When you have a job you only get paid if you show up to work everyday. If you don’t show up you don’t get paid unless you have some sick time or something.
Wouldn’t you love to continue to get paid for some work you did years ago?
10.Get a huge tax break- Whenever you operate an affiliate marketing business out of your home. You can use the things that you use to operate your business as a tax write off.
For example if you bought a new computer and used it to run your business this can be claimed on your taxes as a deduction. When you are working for someone else you will get taxed to death and you can’t claim any of these deductions.
Don’t you think we all could use a tax break? I know I sure could
I have covered quite a bit of information here and I’m sure that you have plenty of questions about all this. If you would like more information on what a affiliate marketer does then check this post out
If you have additional questions that you would like answered or you would like to leave a comment. Please feel free to do so below and if you enjoyed this then please show it some love by sharing it within your social networks. Your Friend Scott