Ever since the inception of the internet back in the early 90’s there have been people from all walks of life utilizing it to it’s fullest potential and learning how to earn a full time income from it since 1996. Here lately, I have received a few emails from people asking me if it’s possible for teens to make money online?
I figured I would answer this question for everyone today by listing my top 5 ways for teens to utilize the power of the internet to make some extra spending money so your parents will get off your back and stop hounding you about getting your first job.
Let’s face it, trying to get your first job at 16 is rough and some companies won’t hire until you’re at least 18. Sure you could get a job at McD, but who wants to do that right? This was actually my 2nd job when I was in high school and I hated it. Continue reading below to discover my top 5 recommendations to avoid this disaster.
My Top 5 Ways For Teenagers To Make Money Online
1. Offering Your Own Writing Services- If you’re good at writing and would like to make some extra cash on the side, you could run a writing service, and charge people so much per article. There are many website owners looking for people to write for them and they’re willing to pay you top dollar for them. You can sign up to companies like upwork.com (Formally O-desk) and many others and they’ll actually find work for you. Some sites may require you to be 18 so keep that in mind before signing up.
2. Start Your Own YouTube Channel- As time goes on YouTube continues to dominate the search engines and their videos tend to rank really well. You can get paid big money for doing just about anything. (Get your parents permission first) You can talk about anything from video games to the latest in teen fashion.
3. Slice The Pie- This is a pretty cool site where you can earn money for listening to music clips and giving a detailed review of them. Here recently, they have also added fashion as an extra way to earn money which I think is pretty cool. It’s free to sign up and you only need to be 13 years old or older to open an account. You’ll need to have a PayPal account in order to get paid and the minimum payout is $10.
Click here to sign up for your free account and start making money reviewing some sweet tunes.
4. Amazon’s M-Turk- I’m sure you guys are really familiar with Amazon and you may buy things from there all the time. Did you know that they also have another program that lets you earn money from doing tasks and small jobs? This is actually how I got my start online and how I made my first money online. This program is ideal for teenagers because it lets you start out small and unlock higher paying tasks as you gain more experience.
To get a better idea of the full potential of this program check out my thorough review here!
5. Become The Next Teenage Entrepreneur By Starting Your Own Website- These days everyone and their mother either has their own blog or a website of some kind. With technology advancing more and more each day you can literally have your very own website live on the internet in less than 5 minutes. How cool is that? All you need to do is have a passion or hobby that you’re interested in and build a website around it.
Teenagers mostly spend the majority of their time online whether it be streaming their favorite artists or TV shows or sharing their life on social media. Wouldn’t it be nice if you could learn how to make some extra money while you’re online instead of wasting time updating your facebook status?
Take a look at Colon, he started his own website at the tender age of 19 and in a little over a year he managed to make 10,000 in 1-month by simply writing product reviews on a variety of different computer parts and accessories. Get the scoop on his story and how he got started here!
The best part about all of this is that there’s NO SELLING involved. You’re simply reviewing products that you love and giving people all the information they need about them to help them make a sound purchasing decision. Sounds pretty easy right?
So what kind of a website are you looking to build? You can start your search by typing some keywords into the box below to see if it’s available or not.
A Note To Parents
You should always monitor your teenagers activity online. While there are many legitimate ways to make money from the internet, there are also many, many scams out there looking to take advantage of you and are only out to take your money. Make sure you thoroughly examine any program or online opportunity that your son or daughter wants to sign up for to make sure it’s safe.
Also, you may need to sign them up for a Paypal account and manage if for them if they’re under the age of 18. There are many online opportunities that require you to have a Paypal account in order to get paid.
My Closing Thoughts
Finding ways to earn money as a teenager is rough. Trust me, when I was a teenager I had a really hard time finding ways to earn some spending money other than the small allowance my parents gave me each week. Back then, we didn’t have the luxury of being online or making money from home. I remember I used to mow lawns and shovel snow if I wanted any spending money.
Teenagers today have it easy with access to social media, smartphones, and all the other technology out there in 2016. There are billions of people online every day looking for help on how to do something or searching for information on different products and services.
All you have to do is reach out to them and provide them with the answers and info they’re looking for. You as a teenager have an advantage over everyone else and I can only wish that I got started in this business earlier in life than I did.
I really hope this article has given you guys some insight into the opportunities that are available online and has shown you some of the best ways to earn money online as a teenager. If you have any questions, comments, or anything you would like to add to this feel free to leave them for me in the comments below.