Picking the right domain name can be crucial to your success as an Internet marketer. There are a few different types of domain names you can pick from, and I will go over these in detail.
The 2 Different Kinds Of Domains
1. A Keyword Rich Domain- This kinda domain has the keyword that you are targeting right in the domain. I will show you an example, let’s say your niche is gaming headsets, and you want to narrow it down to a specific headset.
Your domain could be earforcepx5.com with “Ear force px5” as your keyword. This would be a keyword rich domain, these used to get an extra boost in the search engines, but Google has changed things since then.
2. Brandable Domains- If you are going to be in this for the long haul, then I would recommend going with a brand able domain. What it does is it will establish you as an Internet marketer and will help you to brand yourself into your niche.
Here’s an example, you could get your name as your domain name. In my case I would get scottynewkirk.com as a domain name and brand myself into my niche. This will also help gain the trust and get your website visitors to interact with you on a personal level.
There Are 2 Methods Of Getting Your Domain Name
Now that you have chosen whether you want a keyword rich domain or a brand able domain. It’s time to pick which kind of a domain you want. I am going to show you 2 ways to get your domain. The first way is the free way the second way is the paid way.
How To Get A Free Domain Along With Free Hosting
You can build beautifully designed professional websites with only 4 clicks of your mouse with their state of the art SiteRubix website builder. Simply type your desired website name into the search box below to check on its availability. If it’s available, simply click build it now!
These also have free hosting included with them, so there is no need to worry about paying for hosting. Everything you need to get started is included at no charge.
You might be asking what’s the catch, well I’m glad you asked. The catch is that these are Site-Rubix domains, meaning they will have Site-Rubix at the end of them. Instead of them looking like a regular domain like this yourdomain.com it will look like this yourdomain.siterubix.com.
Is this really a big deal? Not at all they carry the same value as a regular domain when it comes to rankings and getting listed in the search engines. If you decide that later on you would like to switch over to your own .com domain. There is detailed and step by step training on how to do this when you are ready to make the switch.
The Paid Way Of Getting Your Domain And Hosting
Some people would rather have their own domain and that is perfectly fine. That is the way I have chosen to go with my website. They usually cost around $10-12 a year for the domain and hosting is around $6 a month at go daddy.
Go daddy always has some kind of sale going on. Right now they have 3.99 domains with private registration included. Private registration is usually around 10 bucks extra.
I would highly recommend to just start out with the free domain for now. This can always be transferred over later on if you want. There are a few reasons I say this
1. If you are just starting out, the free option is a good way to see if internet marketing is something you want to get involved with or not.
2. You can always transfer the free domains over later on after you get more experience in the internet marketing field.
3. Why pay more money than you need to just getting started.
If you have any questions on the whole domain process, then I would be glad to help you out just leave your questions below and I will get back to you within 24 hours. Your Friend Scott