Today I want to talk a little about keywords. I am going to answer the question, what is a keyword search?. I am also going to show you how to perform these searches. I have touched on this subject in the past, but I have never went into detail on it. I have shared with you the different tools I use to perform my research, but I have never showed you exactly how everything works.
The definition of a keyword search
Millions of people are constantly searching for things everyday. This is done whenever you type into Google, Bing, or Yahoo. Let’s say you are looking for a particular phone number or address for a business and you want to find it fast. Most people would go to a search engine and type in the name of the business into the search bar, unless you’re old school still and use a phone book lol.
This is how I perform my research
I usually start out using Google and Google instant( the words that drop down as you are typing is called Google instant) as you see in the screenshot above. This gives me an inside look as to what other people are typing in. I can get some great insight into which keywords would work the best for me by using this method.
When I find a few good ones that I like I head on over to Jaaxy, my keyword research tool of choice. I simply plug these into Jaaxy and within seconds I get some detailed results that I can use for an article or a blog post.
Now that you know what this is let’s do some searches
I am going to use Jaaxy to do my research but you can use Google or any tool you want. Lets dig into a niche and see how many of these we can find from 1 search.
Are You Ready?
As you can see in the example above I have dug into the niche how to lose weight after you have a baby. I have done just 1 search and came up with 12 awesome keywords that has gave me some incredible stats as well.
Why I use Jaaxy for all my research
There are many many reasons why I use Jaaxy, but today I am only going to focus on a few of them. Anyone who is familiar with keyword research, knows it can take some time to find some good ones that you can use. With Jaaxy, not only can I find some great keywords fast, I can also get detailed stats on each one. These are delivered to me in less than 1 minute.
I will elaborate on these stats below
- Competition- I can find out the exact competition that any keyword has with the QSR feature. What this does is it tells me the exact number of pages ranked in Google under the same phase as mine.
- Monthly Searches- How many people are searching for a particular keyword in a months time.
- Estimated Traffic- This is based on how much traffic I should be getting if I would get ranked on the 1st page of Google. This is usually the top 5 positions on page 1, so the more farther down I am on the page I can expect to see less traffic.
- Keyword Quality Indicator(KQI)- This feature tells me whether or not what i searched for will be easy to get ranked or not. It is based on a traffic light system!
- Green is awesome
- Yellow is caution
- Red is Stop.
- SEO Power- This is a number score that is based on 2 metrics. QSR(Competition) and Monthly Searches. Basically it measures how much power you have to get ranked high in the search engines. This number will be between 1-100 the higher the better.
As I mentioned above I can get all these amazing stats delivered to me in less than 1 minute. That is what I call pure speed, and whenever I do research I want results fast. If I was using Google search or Google’s kw planner this would take me quite some time.
Now it’s your turn to do some research of your own
Based on everything we have discussed today I want you to try it for yourself. You will quickly find out how easy, fun, and quick this can be.
Simply type something into the search bar below
For more information on Jaaxy, and how you can claim a FREE trial of this tool,check out my official review here. As always I welcome your comments, questions, and suggestions. Feel free to leave them below and I will get back to you right away.
Your Friend Scott