Name: Global Domains International(GDI)
Website URL: http://website.ws
Product Owner: Michael Starr and Alan Ezeir
Type Of Business: MLM
Advertised Price: 7 Day Free Trial Then $10 Per Month + Many Other Fees
Overall Rating: Stars Out Of A 5 Star Rating
A Brief Overview Of GDI And What To Expect Before You Join
There are actually 2 sides to this business and in this review, I will cover both of them in detail and show you exactly what you will get before you spend your hard earned money on GDI with hopes on making lots of money with this program.
Internet Address For Life- This is the domain registrar side of the business. You can register a.WS domain name here, as well as purchase a hosting plan, and a site builder to build a website on your newly purchased domain.
You will end up paying 3 or 4 times more for these domains than you would at Godaddy or NameCheap and their hosting prices are also downright ridiculous.
These domains are also geo-targeted toward the country Western Somalia hence the.WS extension. This is a country which has a population of under 200,000 people. If you are looking to gain worldwide exposure to your website, it’s not going to happen with a.WS domain.
Income For Life- This is the MLM side of the business and how you can earn revenue by recruiting other people and building your downline. They have 2 packages in which you can earn commissions from by referring other people into the program. I will cover both of these packages below and show you the earning potential with each one.
How GDI Works And How Do You Make Money With Them?
I like to refer to this company as a domain registrar with a twist. Their affiliate program is setup in an MLM fashion and looks like a pyramid scheme. The way this program works is you purchase domain name packages and get people to join through your link. You will get paid on the sales you make, as well as the sales that your referrals make up to 5 levels deep.
There are 2 plans that you can make money from with the Income for life program
Depending on which package you choose, this will determine how much money you can potentially make using this system.
- $1 commission for every affiliate you sign up for on the basic $10 per month plan
- Earn $1 commission when your referrals sign other people up for the $10 plan up to 5 levels deep
- You also get paid a 10% commission whenever your referrals purchase any premium service(Hosting, site builder, domain forwarding)
- Earn $15 per sign up on any premium affiliate on level 1
- Earn $5 per sign up for any premium affiliates on levels 2-5
- $100 bonus for every 5 premium affiliates who sign up under you
- Get entered into GDI’s daily drawing to get free leads every day
Here’s A Little Insight Into The WS Domain Extension And What They Mean
I have been building websites for close to 3 years now and I personally wouldn’t touch a WS extension with a 10-foot pole. A real webmaster who knows what he’s doing wouldn’t either and there’s a good reason for this.
Technically WS stands for the country Western Samoa and, therefore, any domain names that you register with this extension will be targeted to only this country. Now if you are setting up a campaign and you wanted to specifically target this 1 country then this would be perfect for that.
Why anyone would want to narrow their reach to this one small country is beyond me. If you are serious about building a website that will get ranked in Google and get worldwide exposure, I would recommend a .com over a.WS any day.
While they do claim that these domains can be reached worldwide, this isn’t 100% certain. If I was going to rate domain extensions in order of importance, this would be .com first, .org as my second choice, and a .net would be my last resort.
Let me ask you a question. When searching the web have you ever come across a.WS domain name that was ranked on the first page of Google? I don’t know about you, but I have NEVER seen one ranked anywhere close to the first page.
Here’s What I Liked
- Offers A 7 Day Free Trial
Here’s What I Didn’t Like
- Setup Like A Pyramid Scheme
- WS extensions carry little to NO weight when it comes to SEO and getting good rankings in Google
- You’ll end up paying 3 or 4 times more what you would with a regular domain registrar like Go Daddy
- Requires that you pay for services that are free with normal domain registrars
- Charges a fee to join their affiliate program(A huge red flag)
How Much Will This End Up Costing You If You Want To Make Some Decent Money?
Depending on whether you join “Internet Address For Life” or “Income For Life” will determine how much you’ll end up paying. If you are more interested in the domain registrar side then you’ll likely end up forking over more cash than if you were just an affiliate for them.
Internet Address For Life- If you are looking to score a.WS domain name be ready to pay out the ass for it. In the 3 years that I have been an online marketer, I have never seen a company charge so much for a domain name. Especially for one that’s pretty much useless to begin with as far as ranking them in the search engines.
Take A Look At How Much You’ll End Up Paying Just To Secure A Domain With The Extension Of .WS
I like it how they have circled the 10-year option as being your best option. In the 3 years I have been building websites, I have never renewed a domain for 10 years. I especially wouldn’t register a.WS domain for that long because they don’t rank that well in Google and you aren’t sure if the domain will be profitable or not.
Let’s not forget about hosting which you will need before your website goes live on the web. Their hosting prices are downright insane and I don’t know how they can get by with charging this much. Take a look at a few other services that are required before your site goes live on the web.
Most of the services listed above could be found elsewhere for about 80% cheaper than the price you’ll end up paying for them here. As a matter of fact, I just bought a .com domain name the other day from GoDaddy for only $1.17 after the ICANN fee. It makes absolutely NO sense why anyone would charge this much for a domain name.
Income For Life- Like I mentioned earlier, there are 2 packages for you to choose from as an affiliate. Their basic plan, which is their most popular one will end up costing you $10 a month. Now if this plan paid a little better it MIGHT be worth $10 a month.
Due to their super low commission of only $1 per customer a month you will be lucky to make your $10 back, let alone actually be able to profit from this.
They do offer a premium plan that pays a little bit better but be prepared to dish out an extra $40 a month. You would think after dishing out all this money for a domain name, hosting, and a site builder, on top of enrolling into their affiliate program it would be time to make some money wouldn’t you?
Before you can advertise these domain names and make money, you’ll need to get some targeted traffic to your site. You are going to need some leads(Potential interested clients). This is yet, another expense you’ll encounter along the way which will set you back $3 per lead. This can get pretty expensive when first starting out and new to how everything works.
You also won’t see this mentioned anywhere on their website until you have already invested a good amount of money into their program.
Let’s Compare These Services To What You Would Normally Pay
1. Domain Email Forwarding- When you purchase a domain anywhere else you naturally get your own email address associated with it. This is offered at no extra charge and is included with your domain purchase. Also, the ability to forward your domain email to another email is a free service that’s offered everywhere. Charging for this service is just wrong when it’s should be included with your purchase.
2. Sitebuilder- There are a plethora of site builders out there. Some of them are actually free and others are paid. Even the pro plans of well known builders are way cheaper than what you’ll end up paying with GDI. As a matter of fact, the website you are on right now was built using the SiteRubix Website Builder which was Free, with the option to upgrade. Charging an upfront yearly fee just to build a website is crazy, but as you can see GDI is doing just that.
3. Standard hosting/ Deluxe Hosting- There are many hosting companies out there that will host your site for as little as $6-$10 a month depending on what your hosting needs are. As I was doing my research on this program, and I saw how much they were selling their hosting packages for I had to look twice to make sure my eyes wasn’t playing a trick on me lol.
For the price you’ll pay for a year of deluxe hosting at GDI, you could get an entire year of state of the art secure and high-speed hosting. Along with a community of experts to answer your questions within minutes of asking them. Not to mention, one of the best training platforms that you’ll find anywhere online.
Instead of paying $359/yearly for some low quality hosting you could get a first class education in Internet marketing including a site builder and host all included at Wealthy Affiliate.
My Closing Thoughts And Conclusion
Let’s face it, just the thought of selling domain names sounds really boring to me anyways. What about you guys? Could you see yourself trying to convince your friends and family to purchase a .WS domain? If your friends or family is anything like mine are, they will likely look at you like you have a couple screws loose and ask you what the heck a .WS is.
If you are just starting out in the online world and looking to build an online business while keeping your costs to a minimum, I’m afraid GDI just won’t cut it for you. As you can see, this program can get really expensive fast. Just the fact that they are charging for services that are naturally included with your domain purchase is enough to turn me off from this program.
You will also be getting yourself wrapped up in another pyramid scheme due to the fact that their entire business model is MLM. Every MLM company out there needs a product in order for it to be legal and GDI’s product is selling.WS domain names.
There are much more affordable options available to you to get a domain name, a website builder, and hosting all in one place for a fraction of what you’ll end up paying with this company. I really hope this review has given you an inside look at GDI and that you were able to make a sound decision as to whether this program would be a good fit for you or not.
Do you have any stories that you would like to share with everyone today about this company? Are you a previous member or maybe you were thinking of joining but still not sure? I would love to hear about your experience as well as answer any further questions you may have about this in the comments below.
Your Friend, Scott