Hey everyone today I wanted to discuss with you what SEO is and how it works. SEO can be pretty complex when you first get started in Internet marketing. When I first started I had no idea what it was and I got confused when someone tried to explain it to me.
As you can see that’s me at the very top of the first page of Google. In this blog post I am going to show you how you can do the exact same thing with your website.
I am going to get right into things here and walk you through the process of how SEO works and what it is. There is some really exciting stuff ahead so let’s get started.
What exactly is SEO and why should you learn as much about it as you can?
SEO stands for search engine optimization and there are many things that are involved in having your website optimized for the search engines. (I will get into that later) Without these things you won’t get ranked high in Google or any other search engine.
Many people think they know all about SEO and claim that they can get you to the top of the search engines in no time. Like anything related to online business, it’s going to take some time to see good rankings and learn everything you need to know.
The top 5 things you should be doing to make sure your website is fully optimized
- Knowing how to use the right heading tags in all your posts- Using proper heading tags serves a few purposes. It helps your reader know what your next paragraph is about.
- This can be a introduction to what you are getting ready to talk about next. This also helps Google out when they crawl your site and it will help you out in the search results as well.
- Make good use of internal linking- Google loves it when you link to other pages on your site. This tells them that it is a good post and you are recommending it to your readers. This is a great way to get a post or page to rank higher in the SERPS (Search Engine Results Page)
- Using Alt Tags for all your Images- You should fill out the alt text for all your images. This will help you get your images indexed in Google images and people will find your posts through an image search which will increase your traffic.
- Another great reason to use the alt text feature is if a user is browsing your site using a device that doesn’t support images the alt text will be displayed that will describe your image. This isn’t a huge factor when it comes to SEO but it does give you a slight boost.
- Make sure your site is easy to navigate- Having all your content in a place where it’s easy for your visitors to find without any trouble is a huge factor when it comes to SEO.
- Google likes websites that are easy to navigate and make for an overall good user experience. There are a few ways you could do this, you could have all your posts in either the top menu, in a sidebar menu, or in the footer at the bottom of your website.
- Write good anchor text- Anchor text is the text that you link to when you are either doing internal linking to other pages on your website, or if you are linking to an external website.
- The text you choose should be descriptive and tell your users as well as Google what the page is about that you are linking too. This will help you out tremendously when it comes to SEO practices.
There is plenty more training on how SEO works
I haven’t even scratched the surface when it comes to learning everything you need to know to master the art of SEO. Lucky for you though there is lots of free training available on how you can be an expert at this.
If you have ever wondered
- How does websites get ranked so high?
- What is Google looking for when they rank sites?
- What can I do to improve my SEO skills?
- What is the difference between white hat SEO and black hat?
If you don’t know the answer to any of these questions then I think you owe it to yourself to get properly educated in SEO.
I really hope that this post has helped you understand more about how SEO works and hopefully get you ranked higher in the search engines. If you have any questions on this material or need help with any of this I would love to help you out and answer your questions.
Simply leave them below and I will get back to you ASAP. Your Friend Scott