Here lately, this question has come up quite a bit and so I thought I would shed some light on this topic and show everyone the difference between a blog and a website. These 2 platforms do share a few similarities, but they are in no way the same thing.
Keep reading as I share with you the difference between these 2 platforms and show you which one will work out the best for you and meet your needs as an online marketer.
What’s a blog and what does it have to offer me as an online marketer?
Blogs are usually acquired for free and while they do offer a good amount of flexibility, they also have their limitations as well. According to Wikipedia, we are told that a blog is nothing more than a weblog. (check out my screenshot below)
Here are a few features that come included with a blog
- You can add an unlimited amount of content to your blog
- A wide variety of custom templates and layouts available
- You have the ability to reply and receive comments from your visitors
- Is able to be monetized (Earn revenue)
- Gets pretty decent rankings in the search engines
What are some of the drawbacks of having a blog?
- Limited customization
- You don’t own the blog site or the content you write on them
- Is usually not as user friendly as WordPress websites
- You don’t have as much control over the content as you do with a website
- Doesn’t offer you the ability to install plugins
Having your own blog has it’s ups and downs just like anything else. These are mostly meant for people who love to blog daily about things that are going on in their life and socialize with their friends online. While you can use these for business when you first start out online, it’s much better to get your own free website instead. This makes you look more professional and people will take you more seriously than if you just had a blog.
Here are a few places where you can get a blog
- Blogger.com which is owned by Google
As an online marketer, you could use your blog to drive traffic to your main website and gain a quality backlink to your website. This is what I did when I first got started online and I had great success with it.
What’s a website and what are some of the key features that online marketers should be on the lookout for?
Websites are also usually acquired for free as well and having your own website is actually a necessity if you are looking to start up your own business online. Think of a website as a tool that you can use to put your product or brand in front of millions of potential customers and showcase your finest work to people all across the globe.
Check out some of it’s key features below
- It’s like owning your own virtual piece of real estate online. The more you add to it the more it will increase in value
- It’s the most cost effective business tool ever. You can get 2 Free websites here
- You are in complete control of your content and you actually own it unlike a blog.
- Is a whole lot more user friendly than your typical blog
- Offers the ability to install plugins
- You can sell it for a great profit after you build it out and are ready to move on to your next project
As you can see having your own website is definitely the way to go if you are looking to start up an online business. Not only is this going to make your company or brand look more professional but it’s also the least expensive way to go.
Here are a few places you can acquire your very own website for FREE!
Which ones of these platforms are you going to benefit from the most as an online marketer?
As I have mentioned above having your own personal blog is great and an excellent way to keep in contact with friends and family and blog about daily activities going on in your life now.
It’s also OK to test out the waters if you decide to take your passion for blogging a step further and make a career out of it. Blogging is all about sharing the things you are passionate about with the world and recommending some of the products you use on a daily basis with your readers.
You are going to benefit much more from having your own website vs just a blog. This plays a huge role in your success in the online world and one of the most important tools you should have in your toolbelt.
What are you passionate about? Go ahead and type it in the search box below to acquire your 2 free websites below. It’s really that easy!!
I really hope that this post has offered everyone a good explanation of the differences between a blog and a website and answered any questions you may have had about these 2 platforms. I had these same questions when I first started and I know how frustrating it can be to have these questions.
Do you have anything you would like to add to this topic of discussion or is there anything I’ve left out? I would love to hear from you!
Leave your comments, questions and feedback below and I will get back to you A.S.A.P
Have you learned something new today from reading this post? Why not share it with other people so it will help them as well? Click the share buttons below!!