Today I want to talk with everyone about why so many people fail to make money online.
Statistics show that around 95% of people who start out in affiliate marketing will fail to make their first $1 online.
Why does this happen?
Let’s find out as I reveal the most common mistakes people make in Internet marketing.
Here’s What Usually Happens When People Get Started With Affiliate Marketing
Affiliate marketing is probably one of the hardest things that I have done in my whole life. There’s so much to learn that it really can overwhelm you and make you want to quit. When I first got started online, I failed several times. I learned from my mistakes and eventually I started to see some positive results.
Below are some of the top reasons why people fail(I personally have done a few of these)
- Get led down the wrong path by some guru that promises them that they will make a million dollars overnight
- Want to see instant results in a few weeks ( They don’t understand that an online business takes lots of work)
- Fail to get the proper training on how Internet marketing works.
- Never want to put in the time and effort that it takes to be successful online.
- Be attracted to every shiny object that comes along
Why Do Most People Fail When They First Get Started Online?
People seem to think that making money online is a simple task and that they won’t have to put any hard work in. As a matter of fact, a close buddy of mine just joined Wealthy Affiliate about a month ago.
He was pretty excited about joining and he started going through the lessons. He was doing a great job at first, until last week I saw where he had joined another online opportunity that promised him less work and that he would make money quicker. Guess what? He jumped over to this other program and he is trying to get me to join under him.
This is just one example of why so many people fail online. I see stuff like this happen all the time.
Here Are The Top Five Reasons Why People Fail To Make Money Online
1. Time- Let’s face it, we all live very busy lives. From doctors appointments to working a full time J.O.B, to attending your child’s school and sports functions. Life can get very hectic!
Finding the time to learn something new can be very challenging and time consuming as well. Most people just can’t find the time to commit to this, and they continue to struggle and live paycheck to paycheck.
My suggestion is to make a schedule and commit to at least 1 hour of learning each day.
2. Information overload- There is so much to learn when you get started in your own online business.
It’s like you are learning a whole new language. Think of it like taking a marketing course in college.
If you study work hard and TAKE ACTION on what you learn you can start making money within your first couple of months.
Most people get frustrated and overwhelmed by everything you have gotta learn and eventually give up. (Trust me I failed several times from being overwhelmed with everything)
I would suggest that you break it up into small pieces. Once you understand that piece of information, move on to the next one.
3. They want to make money fast- The internet is full of scams out there, that promises you will make a ton of money in a small amount of time. These internet gurus have everyone brainwashed into thinking that you can make a million dollars overnight.
I can’t believe people are really that gullible to believe such nonsense. Starting an online business is just like starting any other business.
It’s going to take lots of time to learn everything you need to know, write content, get rankings and traffic. All of this needs to take place before you can even think about making money.
You should be focusing on helping your visitors solve a problem, and gaining their trust. After you have achieved this the money will follow.
4. They aren’t a good writer- People think that they need to be a great writer in order to build a website. They also think that their grammar needs to be on point and spot on and this simply isn’t true.
There are many tools available in 2016 that helps with both of these things that I happen to use on a daily basis.
What they don’t realize is that they already do this every day in the form of sending emails, text messages, or posting on social media.
About the only difference in running a website is that there’s a whole lot more writing involved. In reality, all you’re doing is communicating with your potential customers and providing them with the information they’re looking for.
Once again, this isn’t all that different from what you do on a daily basis. Instead of communicating with your friends and family you’re communicating with your audience and providing them with the answers they are looking for when they Google something.
The more you write the better you will get practice makes perfect.
5. They don’t see results right away- This should probably be higher up on my list because I see this happening all the time. When you decide to start an internet marketing business you have got to realize that you aren’t going to see results right away.
It can take up to 14 days for Google to index your website. You have to prove to Google (And other search engines) that your website is of value. The more content you write the more authority you will gain.
If you continue working hard and writing quality helpful content that is going to overall help people out you will eventually start seeing some results.
Take your time and don’t expect to see results in a couple of weeks. Trust me all the work you put in now will pay off later and in some cases for years to come.
Would You Like To Be Included In The 5% Of People Who Achieves Success Online?
Getting started in Internet marketing is tough. Trust me, when I first started out doing this I didn’t have the slightest clue about what I was doing. I just knew that I had to make this work!
Here are just a few of the things that I did to make sure I was included in that 5%
- Treated this like a business and not a get rich quick overnight thing
- Gave this enough time to work for me and I didn’t expect instant results
- TOOK ACTION on everything I learned at Wealthy Affiliate
- Asked questions when there was something I didn’t understand
- Was consistent and thought long term
- Had the right mindset and I thought like an entrepreneur
- Didn’t let money be my only motivation. If I did I wouldn’t have been as successful as I am now
Anyone can be successful online It doesn’t matter who you are or what skills you possess.
You just need to have the following things in order:
- A proven and effective guide that gives you detailed step by step instructions
- Personal 1 on 1 coaching from internet marketing experts
- The highest quality business tools in the industry
- The right mindset
- Lots of motivation and the ability to work hard
- Setting goals and making a schedule that you can stick with
I Would Love To Help YOU Start A Successful And Profitable Online Business
I have been working online for a little over 3 years now and I have had lots of success with it. There is no magic formula or no e-book that is going to make you a millionaire overnight. It takes lots of hard work, motivation and becoming dedicated to your niche. I would love to help you achieve success online and reach your goals of making money online.
I would highly suggest that you check out Wealthy Affiliate It’s because of them that I have been able to work from the comfort of my home and build up a solid residual income.
WA supports you while you learn Internet marketing. Join WA & Get Started For FREE! You will get instant access to the #1 training course that will show you how to be successful online.
Are you struggling to make money online and feel like giving up? I can help you out and get you started down the right path. If you have any questions or need a hand with anything I would be more than happy to help you out.
Leave your questions or comments below
Your Friend Scott